Friday, December 15, 2006

Radio Show

I wasn’t sure what to expect from the radio show; then, what else could I expect, besides a radio show. I found the radio show to be quite enjoyable. I somewhat figured that we were going to stick to a strict play list, but I soon found out that pretty much anything (like congotronics) was up for grabs. At least this is what I found to be true for the second half of the radio show (the noon’s section half). If I was upset or disappointed by anything, I might have been the fact that more people were not interested in being on the radio; to each their own…I guess. Oh, there is one thing I was very much upset by: when Mary Beth called Richard Bona’s music “elevator music!” What!? I consider it to be very well constructed modern jazz. I’m not sure if anyone in the studio actually enjoyed it as much as I did. Perhaps Nic did, but Nic a very appreciative person, at least in the realm of music. Well, hopefully someone was listening that enjoyed it; that’s really all I can hope for I guess.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Just so you know, "elevator music" is not an insult coming from me. I enjoy most varieties of music and was just commenting that it was similar (at least the intro) to some of the smooth jazz that is played in professional buildings' elevators. No insult intended.