Saturday, December 16, 2006

Love/Hate...Anyone?

Just here listening to Dave Matthews, specifically Dancing Nancies at the central park concert in New York City!

I love/hate (yeah I said love/hate!!!) when songs give you a nostalgic feeling. What I mean to say is that…when going through a phase, by phase I mean a country phase or a James Blunt phase; a phase where you spend, say a good 2 weeks digesting just one artist that is specific to a particular genre. So, what I love/hate, is when going through a phase, the music in this phase becomes synonymous with whatever emotions dominate you life during this particular phase. I love/hate this because sometimes the nostalgia isn’t always good, but at the same time this effect, for me at least, seems to play with time. I can listen to a song and suddenly feel as though I’m back home driving down the busy streets of El Paso with my windows rolled down, taking in the warm midsummer evening air. Or I can listen to another song that takes me back to a time that was very stressful for me; and it’s this part that I hate. I hate it because the song can be just downright awesome, but it seems to be ruined by the fact that it reminds me of such a crappy point in my life!

Does anyone know what I’m trying to say?

Anyone?

No comments: