Thursday, December 14, 2006

Jamboree

I wasn’t exactly pleased with Jamboree. I somehow managed to gain an understanding that this would be an event with more substance to it. The only thing I saw the day of Jamboree were seemingly unmotivated people in Oyate, there only because they had to be. Granted I was there towards the end of the day, and this may have had a negative effect on those manning their stations. So perhaps this is reason for my experience with Jamboree.

The one interesting booth that I did come across was the “Insects and Human Culture” FYS booth. A little show was taking place that involved poems about insects. Apparently there were three sections for this FYS class: insects and food, insects and medicine and insects in arts and literature. I happen to stop by when the last of these three sections was “performing” an caught a very interesting show involving poems and songs all about insects.

No comments: