Saturday, December 16, 2006

A Girl's Face

This is a response to a blog I recently read about a particular someone discovering the wonderful range of sound delivered through a medium of music called country. I myself don’t really enjoy country that much; this is not to say that I completely dislike or hate country music. I just wanted to point out a sort of music phenomena.

When I started to listen to music, at the age of 11 or something, I didn’t like a lot of genres. I’m not sure why, I just didn’t. But now that I look at it, I think that music is like a girl’s face! When we first listen to a new type of music, we are mostly unfamiliar with the style and arrangement, but as we continue to listen and become more acquainted, we familiarize ourselves with the style and this brings about an appreciation for the genre. Equally, when first meeting a girl, we can say that she is pretty, attractive, etc. But I don’t think we can truly appreciate the imperfections in the girl’s face until we continue to talk to her and see her on a regular basis.

I do apologize for being a guy and objectifying girls to my curious gaze.

No comments: